Messages are “updates” added by admin regarding and attached to Sponsorships, Campaigns, Projects and Places.
The Messages section (Communication > Messages) displays the list of all Messages created.
Each Message listed includes the Title, Author, Referral, Categories and Published date and time.
A message can be quickly viewed, edited or deleted by clicking the Action button.
Messages can be created from this Message area or from another Referral area – such as on a Sponsorship record, a Campaign, or for a Project or Place.
To create an update Message for a Sponsorship, you must navigate to the Sponsorship profile page, click the Action button, and select New Message.
Regardless of where in REACH a message was created, it will be listed in Messages.
To create a message from the Messages Module or a Referral area:
- Click New Message
- Include a Title
- If the message should only be visible to supporters, not public, mark as Private
- Note: Unless marked Private, all messages are visible to the public by default. Messages marked Private will be available to supporter’s that are logged in and associated to the message’s corresponding Sponsorship, Place, Project or Campaign.
- Choose to include in Latest Updates.
- Note: If this box is checked, the Message will appear on the home page of your REACH Portal when using the Quartz 2.0 or Ruby Theme Versions 2.0 and above.
- Use the dropdown menu to attach the Message to a Project, Place or Campaign.
- If you would like to link the message to the full message, or another Project, Place or Campaign, select from the Link Back To dropdown.
- Schedule when to Publish the message.
- Write the Message in the paragraph field, being sure to include any images or other media.
- Attach any desired Files
- Add a link to a Vimeo or YouTube video if applicable
- Click on Create Message
Once created, a message will display as a public or private update on the chosen page. It will also be sent as an email message update to any supporters of the Project, Place, Campaign or Sponsorship to which the message is posted. Here is an example of Sponsorship Messages:
The Categories tab is used to associate messages together into a group. This is commonly used by organizations who want to further classify their Messages into groups or separate messages from blog posts on their REACH portal. Please note that additional setup to your REACH Theme and Menu is required to show the groupings. Please contact our Support team for assistance.