REACH offers text messaging as an element of the Text To Give fundraising setup. Text Blasting is where you can initiate and send a text message out to multiple supporters directly from your Admin Console. If given the opportunity, supporters can then submit a secure donation via text message.
To send messages, you must first set up Text to Give for your account. Text to Give is included with your REACH account, regardless of plan level.
Note: If you have a Supporter that is no longer receiving text messages from REACH, please view our Blocked Text Messages article.
To send a text blast to a group of supporters:
- From your Admin Console, click Communication > Text Messages. Then, click on the +New Text Message button to begin the process.
- Add an internal title for your text blast and choose a Purpose (the group/subgroup of donors that the message will go to) from the drop down list. For example, if you choose Group as your Purpose, you can then select any of the groups you have already set up. The recipients will be any donors in that group.
- Choose a date and time you want the text delivered.
- Add your text in the Body
- Text Blasting allows a max of 1575 characters in each message.
- A required opt-out message that reads “Reply STOP to opt out” is automatically included with each text message sent out but is not included in the 1575 character max.
- Click Add Files to include an image or video
- Click Send. The text will go to the supporters with a mobile number on file
You can also send a text message directly to an individual supporter from their supporter profile page. This gives you another way to increase and maintain contact with your supporters.
To send a text to a single supporter:
- Go to the Supporter record,
- Look for the Text button in the top right and click if available.
- Note: The Supporter must have a mobile number on file that receives text messages for the text button to be available.
- Type in a title and add your message
- Add any image or video file as needed
- Click Send – the message will be sent at that time to all mobile numbers listed for the supporter