REACHpay is a payment gateway directly from REACH! We offer this PCI-compliant service through Stripe Connect.
When using REACHpay as your payment gateway, you can manage your information from directly within your Admin Console.
We strongly encourage you to read through all REACHpay documentation prior to completing setup.
Note: REACHpay is only available to US-based nonprofits.
Enable Option in Admin Console
Current REACH clients interested in using REACHpay will first need to contact our Support team. We will review your account and then enable the option within your Admin Console to begin the setup process.
If you would like to accept ACH/EFT or multi-currency donations, please let us know as we will also need to enable these options.
Agree to REACHpay Terms & Conditions
To begin, go to Settings > REACHpay
You will see the following REACHpay Terms & Conditions screen:
Click on the I Agree button.
REACHpay Setup Checklist (Printable Version)
Download a printable version of our REACHpay Setup Checklist so you can gather the information you need for setup and mark off the items once completed.
Begin Setup Process
Once you have agreed to the Terms and Conditions, you will need to complete the required information within the REACHpay Setup area regarding your Organization, Officers, and Payouts.
On the Organization tab, you will need to include:
Note: This identifying information is required here to use REACHpay, as this is what is used specifically for your payment gateway.
- Organization’s Legal Name
- Doing Business As (Non-Legal Name, Optional field)
- Note: A street address is required to verify the identity of the organization. PO Boxes are not accepted.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Once entered, click Save Changes
On the Officers tab, you will need to include a minimum of one Officer, though two are preferred.
This position is based on the legal structure of your organization and has a status of authority. The persons designated for the Officer roles are the persons within your organization responsible for the monetary funds and legal agreements within your organization.
- Click on + Add Officer
- You must include a First Name, Last Name, Title, Email, Phone, Last 4 of SSN, Date of Birth
An Officer can have two Roles.
- For Roles, check if the person is the Representative or Executive.
- Note: You are required to designate a Representative and an Executive. These can be the same person, but both are required.
The Representative is the person that has authority over the monetary funds within your organization. This is typically your organization’s CFO, Treasurer, etc. This person oversees donations and any potential donation disputes while using REACHpay as your payment gateway. This person may require additional personal identification to be uploaded and sent via a secure message form.
The Executive is a senior manager with significant management responsibility for your organization. This person is typically an Executive Director, President or a CEO.
- Click Create Officer
- To add another Officer, click + Add Officer again.
- Once created, click Edit to update if necessary.
Note: Some information cannot be changed after an officer is added. To update this information, please email us.
On the Payout Setup tab, you will need to enter your banking information that you want your payouts distributed to.
The required fields are:
- Account Holder Name (a label for your reference)
- Account Holder Type
- Routing Number
- Account Number
- Account Number Confirmation
Once complete, click Save Changes.
To edit this information, click Change Account. Be sure to click Save Changes once updated.
REACHpay’s payouts will be distributed daily on business days, with a payout speed of 2 business days. REACH will transfer funds to your banking account each business day. The funds transferred will be for the donations received two business days prior. Note: This is the default option.
To modify your payout schedule, go to Settings > REACHpay > Payout Setup tab > Click on the Change Payout Schedule button.
- Next to Payout Frequency, you can choose Daily, Weekly or Monthly.
- Next to Payout Month Day, choose a number 1 – 31. This corresponds to the day of the month you wish to receive your payout.
- Click on Save Changes.
Your Payout Schedule will be noted under the Information section the REACHpay pages.
For ACH/EFT donations, funds will be withdrawn within 1-3 business days from the supporter’s US bank account. Please allow 2-4 business days for the donation to be marked as complete within REACH.
Enable Charges with REACHpay
As you go through the setup process, you will notice the Status area on the right-hand side. Once your setup is complete, your Charges and Payouts will show as Enabled.
Enable Charges: New REACH Clients
For new REACH clients starting with REACHpay: You will then be prompted to contact support to enable REACHpay transactions. Please also let us know if you’d like to enable ACH/EFT with REACHpay.
- Note: If you have not already done so, please go to Settings > Account Settings > Billing and add a payment method for your REACH account. This will be required in order to complete the setup.
Enable Charges: Current REACH Clients
For current REACH clients switching payment gateways to REACHpay: once your setup is complete, you will need to contact our support team to schedule a transition date and time. Please let us know if you would like a list of donors with payment methods that did not transfer.
Once the transition is complete, you will start to use the REACHpay features in your account to track payouts instead of your current payment gateway.
- We will provide you with a migration date and time for the transition. Unless otherwise told, this requires no additional preparation on your part and you do not need to be present for the transition.
- We typically make the transition first thing in the morning, EST time, and will notify you once complete.
- For donors using a card as their payment method, this is a seamless transition and transfers the current payment methods automatically.
- US bank account (ACH/EFT) data cannot be transferred. If you choose to enable ACH/EFT with REACHpay, any donors using ACH/EFT for their payment method must manually link and authorize their US bank and personal account in the setup process. Refer to our REACHpay ACH/EFT articles for detailed information.
- The transfer process also checks for any payment methods that are invalid. Invalid cards do not get transferred as they are not considered a valid payment method.
- *If you would like a list donors with recurring donations that do not have a payment method on file after the transfer is complete, please let us know when scheduling your transition date and time and we can provide that for you. It is then up to your organization to determine how to proceed with contacting those supporters and updating their payment methods on file.
- Current recurring donations will begin being charged via REACHpay with the donation settings you currently have set up. If you want to modify your transaction fees, you can do so by going to Settings > Donation Setup > Donation Form Settings.
- Note: Any recurring donations that were started prior to switching to REACHpay will continue being charged the same transaction fee that was set up at that time.
- For example, if you were using 2.9% + $0.30 prior to switching to REACHpay, any recurring donations will continue to use the 2.9% + $0.30 unless you manually change each recurring donation to reset the transaction fee
- To do so, go to the Sponsorship Supporter record, click Actions > Edit Sponsorship Supporter and confirm that the new amount is reflected. Click Save Changes. To confirm that the amount has changed, view the Details page of the Recurring Donation. )
Testing Donations using REACHpay
As with any new payment gateway, we always recommend you run some test donations once REACHpay is set up.
To begin, go to Settings > Donation Setup > Payment Gateway tab.
If REACHpay is successfully configured, you will see a screen as shown here. We then recommend running some test donations as an Admin and as a Supporter.
To test from your Admin Console, go to Donations > + New Donation. Be sure to check that the donation was successful.
To test as a Supporter, go to your public REACH site, and add a donation. We then recommend you review the donation in your Admin Console to ensure it is complete.
Review Admin Notifications for Donation Disputes
Should a donation be disputed, your organization’s primary email is automatically sent an email notification that includes a link to review the donation details. From here, the admin will see the reason for the dispute and the steps they need to take to resolve the dispute. Learn more on How Disputes Work.
Individual admins can also opt-in to Donation Disputes and Early Fraud Warning email notifications by following these instructions.
Notify Supporters of New Payment Gateway
As an organization, we recommend notifying your supporters that you have switched to a new payment gateway.
Please note that if you are using ACH/EFT with REACHpay, these payments are not transferred. Your supporters will need to manually link and authorize their US bank account and personal account.
You can email all of your supporters directly within REACH. Refer to our Emails article to learn more.
To limit any questions or concerns, we recommend sending the following message:
We will be switching payment gateways for our online giving platform to REACHpay. This switch will result in lower transaction fees for online giving and the opportunity for you to give using Apple Pay and Google Pay.
When using REACHpay, banks and card issuers have the final say in how transactions are listed on statements. Some donors will see your organization’s name, while some may only see REACH listed on their credit card statement.
During the transition process to REACHpay, as it would be with any transition to another payment gateway, there is also a verification process that tests whether the payment method we have on file for you is still valid. Some card companies will show this as a pending transaction on card statements. For example, the transaction could show as a $1 pending capture from REACHpay or REACH on your banking card statement. In these occurrences, there is no money charged and the pending transaction should disappear from the statement within a few days.
Requesting a PCI Transfer (New REACH accounts)
If you are a new REACH account and have successfully completed the REACHpay setup process, you can now request a PCI transfer of your supporters’ credit/debit card data into REACH so that recurring donations can continue uninterrupted.
Note: As the supporter is required to authorize their US bank and personal account in the setup process, US bank account(ACH/EFT) data cannot be transferred.
The PCI transfer and setup process is optional and does incur a charge from REACH due to the time it takes for us to process the file and update your supporter information. The average cost for this service is $200 (2 hours at $100/hour) but could vary. If varied, we will notify you. The hours needed for the transfer must be purchased before the process can begin in REACH. The entire process could take a few weeks, as its dependent upon receiving a file from your previous payment gateway and REACH processing the file.
To get started, you will first need to contact your current payment gateway and confirm they will transfer out your payment methods. Once that is confirmed, contact our support team. We will then guide you through the rest of the process.