To ensure that emails coming from REACH remain deliverable, we block emails after a certain number of bounces. Too many bounces can result in our emails being flagged as spam and not delivered.
REACH automatically stops sending notification emails to accounts after five bounce backs.
REACH logs each time a bounce back is received. After five bounce backs, the email account will be flagged and will no longer receive emails from the REACH system.
If you or a Supporter are not receiving emails from REACH, you can login to your Admin Console to check to see if the email has been blocked by REACH.
If it has, a notification will be posted on your Admin dashboard if an email address has been blocked. The Admin or Supporter record that has been blocked will be highlighted in red.
To fix this issue, you will need to contact our Support team and reference the email account that has been blocked.
Commonly, this occurs when Admins or Supporters have set up out of office replies. REACH may flag these as bounce backs and then remove your email if it is receiving an out of office reply for each email sent.
For organizations that have enabled GDPR, if your supporters have not opted-in to receive communications (via the GDPR opt-in fields on your supporter registration or donation forms, for example) the supporters will not receive communication, including emails, from REACH.
Tips for Fixing the Issue
Update your Out of Office reply settings:
- Set your out of office reply to respond to each email address only one time
- Set your out of office reply to ignore the email address used for REACH notifications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Turn off your REACH notifications while traveling. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Admin Users
- Click Edit next to your Admin name
- Change Admin Email Setting to Never
- Click the Notifications tab and uncheck all boxes
- Click Save Changes
Whitelist our Email
We also recommend adding email@example.com to your contact list. This will white list our email address to your accepted email contact list.
Run a Report on Blocked Emails
REACH also allows you to run a Blocked Emails Report to access which emails and how many have been blocked.
To do so, go to Reports and choose Blocked Emails from the list of Reports.
- Next to Group, you can choose to Select All, or choose from the dropdown menu options.
- Click on Select Columns to Display to add more detail to the generated report if desired.
- By default, the Report will list the Supporter, Email and Blocked On date.
Once you have generated your Blocked Emails Report, you will need to contact our Support team and reference the email account(s) that have been blocked.
Let’s Get Social