We have compiled a list of items for your organization to consider prior to building out your sponsorship program in REACH. We hope you find this list helpful, regardless of whether you are creating a new sponsorship program or moving your current sponsorship program into REACH.
Predetermining your preferences as an organization for each of these items should greatly help to simplify your setup process.
Note: Click on the headings for more information.
- What demographic and personal information (custom fields) do you want to capture per sponsorship? (ex: Grade, Favorite Activity, Favorite Color, Favorite Subject)
- What custom fields do you want shown to Admins only? (ex: Vaccination status)
- What custom fields do you want shown to Sponsors only? (ex: Report Card)
- Shares: Do you want to break down the monthly cost of a sponsorship into shares to allow multiple supporters to sponsor?
- Cost per Share: If you do break down the monthly cost, how much does each sponsorship share cost?
- Share Types: Do you want to further sub-divide your sponsorship shares into share types? (ex: Healthcare, Education, Nutrition)
- Do you have a sponsorship image per sponsorship? (preferred square size of 900px x 900px and under 3MB in size)
- If not, do you have a placeholder image ready for your sponsorships without a photo?
- When naming each sponsorship, consider the privacy concerns of the countries you are working in. Do you need to hide the sponsorship’s name from the public view?
- Note: The sponsorship’s permalink used in REACH will be derived from the title.
- Have you saved your sponsorship images to match the sponsorship’s title?
- For example, if using the sponsorship’s name, the images file names should be firstname-lastname to help match the sponsorship’s photo with the sponsorship’s record in REACH.
Previous Sponsorship System
- Do you want to include an External Reference ID from a previous system?
- Note: This is a system included field available on imports, you do not need to create a Custom Field for this information.
- Do you have inactive sponsorships you want to include within REACH? (Hidden, Disabled, Graduated)
- Do you want to link sponsorships into family units? (Link siblings and/or households?)
- Do you want to provide sponsors the ability to sponsor an entire family unit?
- Will you want to mark certain sponsorships as Biggest Need?
- What filters do you want included when a potential sponsor searches for a sponsorship?
- Note: Status, Type, Place, Age are included. Additional options are Biggest Need, Project, Month, Day, Gender, Categories, Grouping/Family Unit)
- Do you want to allow moderated Conversations between your sponsorships and sponsors?
- What rules and/or guidelines do you want to have in place for this?
- Do you want to provide the ability for sponsors to purchase and/or donate gifts for their sponsorships?
Setting up a sponsorship program in REACH takes four main steps:
- Create any custom fields for your sponsorship program
- Create the sponsorship types needed for your organization
- Add or import your sponsorship profiles into REACH
- Add or import your sponsorship images into REACH
After the basic sponsorship information has been added, you can then: convert your sponsorships to online, start a sponsorship for a supporter, filter and order your sponsorships, enable admin-moderated conversations among your sponsors and their sponsorships, denote as biggest need and link sponsorships into family units or groups.
Let’s begin by creating your custom fields for your Sponsorships.