The Sponsorship Album Import is intended for organizations that have multiple images per sponsorship and update the images on a regular basis. Most often, this is used by organizations who update their sponsorship images yearly and want to add the updated images to REACH all at once as a bulk action.
Note: Before importing sponsorship albums, we recommend disabling your Settings > Account Rules > Enable Supporter Daily Digest Email Settings. If enabled, a supporter currently sponsoring a sponsorship that has a new image added or uploaded will receive an automatic email later that night notifying them that there was an update to their sponsorship with a URL link to the sponsorship’s page. (A supporter will not receive this email if their Contact Options have been set to “No.”)
We suggest you do a test import of a few rows, just to see how the process works and see the image update.
To Add Images to your Sponsorship’s Album:
- Prepare your images for upload into your REACH account
- Your sponsorship photos must be under 3MB in total size. Larger images will not upload into your REACH account. The photos can be any width or height, but for best results, we recommend a square image sized to 900px X 900px at 72dpi. This size will save well and look optimal and ideal on your public sponsorship pages.
- The file names of the images will be used in the Import File. Note: Avoid using special characters or spaces in file names (e.g. instead of “john smith.jpg”, use “john_smith.jpg”)
- Go to Sponsorships > Sponsorship Images.
- Click +Add More Files
- Select your files and upload – you will see when the upload completes or fails for each image
- Next download your Sponsorships by going to Data Import/Export > Select the Exports tab > then select > Sponsorships List.
- Then download the Sponsorship Album Import Template under the Imports tab
- Copy the permalinks from the Sponsorship List export
- Paste the permalinks into the permalink column of the Sponsorship Album Import Template (Sheet 2)
- Fill in the image column(s) for your sponsorship with the file names of the images you uploaded to your REACH account. Make sure to include the filename extension (case sensitive).
Examples: john.jpg | sally.JPG | fred.jpeg | susan.png, etc.
- Save the file as a CSV file and upload into REACH by going to Data Import/Export and choose the Sponsorship Album as the Import Type from the dropdown.
Sponsorship Album Import Notes:
- The Sponsorship’s Permalink Or External ID is required to link the Album Image(s) to the Sponsorship
- The file name placed in the “image” column will be used for the sponsorship’s profile image. If a profile image already exists, it will automatically be moved to the Album. If you do not want to change the current Profile Image, do not place a file name in the “image” column.
- Images placed in the other image columns: image_2, image_3, image_4, image_5, will be added to the Sponsorship’s Album. If an Album does not yet exist, one will be created for the Sponsorship.
- If a description is included in the image description column (i.e. image_2_description), it will be saved in the Album with the image. Example descriptions include the Year of the image, or the Place the image was taken. Descriptions are optional.