REACH sends auto-generated notifications to your supporters when their credit card on file is about to expire or has expired. Once notified, supporters can login to update their payment information.
Organizations can customize when to send these notifications to their supporters. Admins can set how many months prior to the card expiring and how many months after the card has expired for the notification to be sent.
To set up your notification preferences:
- Go to Settings > Donation Setup > Credit Card Setup
- Select your Expiring Cards preferences
- Example: If you want to see the current month and the next month’s expiring cards, set your Months Before Card Expiration to 1 month. If you set the expiring for 2 months, it will return the current month as well as the next two months.
- Select your Expired Cards preferences
- Example: To notify donors of expired cards up to 6 months prior to January, set your Months After Card Expiration to 6 months. This will include anyone with a card that expired in the months of July, August, September, October, November, December.
- Click Save Changes
The system message uses the Default Supporter Email to notify the supporter:
REACH Notification Email for Expiring Credit Card (will also include a login link to your organization’s Donor Portal):
You have a credit card expiring soon. Please update your card information to continue your recurring donation.
REACH Notification Email for Expired Card (will also include a login link to your organization’s Donor Portal)
You have an expired credit card. Please update your card information to continue your recurring donation.
Organizations on our Essentials, Pro and Pro Plus plans have the option to customize these notification email templates when notifying their supporters of credit card expirations. To learn more, read our Creating a Custom Email Template article.
In addition to the auto-generated system notifications, you can also run or schedule to run a report that details which supporters have credit cards set to expire or have expired. To do so, go to Reports > Card Expiration Search and choose your desired date range.
Note: The notification process will run on the 1st of each month. Only supporters with credit cards that are expiring or have expired in your selected time frame will receive a notification.
If you would like to make sure an admin receives a report on the notifications that have gone out to supporters, you can do so in Admin Users > Admin > Notifications > Card Expiration.